We collect personal information from or about visitors to, or users of, our Site, prospective or current customers using our services, service providers and business partners, job applicants and other individuals with whom we interact. The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
- your name;
- your contact details, including email address, mailing address, street address and/or telephone number;
- your credit card or payment details;
- personal information stored, accessed or collected when we provide our services to our customers;
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour;
- information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider;
- additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Site, associated applications and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
We may collect these types of personal information directly from you (including in face-to-face meetings, email messages, telephone conversations) or from third parties.
Collection and use of personal information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our Site and associated applications;
- to provide our services to you;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- for internal record keeping, administrative purposes, invoicing and billing purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Site and associated applications;
- to offer additional benefits to you;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you including via our email newsletter;
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have;
- to consider your employment application.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to assist us in providing our services to you, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data outside of Australia, including in the United States;
- third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics. This may include parties located, or that store data outside of Australia, including in the United States.
By providing us with personal information, you consent to the disclosure of your information outside of Australia and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that overseas recipients handle that personal information in compliance with Australian Privacy law. You acknowledge that some overseas third parties may not be regulated by the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act and if any third party engages in any act or practice that contravenes the Australian Privacy Principles, it would not be accountable under the Privacy Act and you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act.
How we treat personal information that is also sensitive information
Sensitive information is a sub-set of personal information that is given a higher level of protection under the Australian Privacy Principles. Sensitive information means information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional associations or memberships, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices, criminal records, health information or biometric information.
Provided you consent, your sensitive information may only be used and disclosed for purposes relating to the primary purpose for which the sensitive information was collected.
Sensitive information may also be used or disclosed if required or authorised by law.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Anonymity: Where practicable we will give you the option of not identifying yourself or using a pseudonym in your dealings with us.
Restrict: If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below.
Access: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Complaints: If you wish to make a complaint about how we have handled your personal information, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the complaint. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us on email@example.com asking to be removed from our mailing list or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication. In either case, please allow 5 business days for your request to be processed.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Cookies and web beacons
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Site, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing
- Analytical/performance cookies. These are cookies that allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our Site and to see how visitors move around our Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Site. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
We may use web beacons on our Site from time to time. Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
We may use Google Analytics or similar services to collect and process data. To find out how Google uses data when you use third party websites or applications, please see https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites or any other URL Google may use from time to time.
Links to other websites
For any questions or notices, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Aryon Pty Ltd, ACN: 150 736 155
Address: PO Box 1544, Capalaba QLD 4157 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last update: 20 February 2019